Big Ads has been providing digital ad-tech solutions for over 12 years with great success with the release of Buddy, an ad-tech platform which produces rich media creative tags to run across premium publisher sites. The platform has been developed in Australia and supported with a local and international team. Best of all, Buddy is free to use and proven to make digital advertising easier, faster, and more effective for agencies and brands.
We are now seeking a driven and ambitious Digital Designer. Someone who is passionate about media and advertising and wants to bring new ideas and concepts to life on digital devices. The ability to receive a brief (often with minimal assets) and turn it in to an ad that looks great, functions perfectly, and is impactful is a must. For an example of the creative you will be producing, check out our creative showcase here: https://showcase.bigads.co/
Day to day responsibilities:
- Receive a brief, understand the brand, and campaign requirements, source any assets needed, and use your creativity to design and present your concept of the ad unit internally or to the client.
- You will own the design and build of the ad from concept through to delivery when it is approved to go live.
- Build your own creative preview links using our intuitive ad-tech Buddy, no coding experience required.
- For any custom or gamification designs, you will clearly and succinctly brief our developer to build the ad unit for you. You will then test the game and collaborate with the developer to ensure the build is client ready.
- Be involved in brainstorms with internal and external stakeholders, making creative recommendations and presenting ideas as needed.
- Review creative and provide feedback to optimise campaign performance metrics such as engagement rate and engaged time.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to ensure expectations on deadlines are successfully set and projects are effectively managed.
- Ensure project timelines are met and work is delivered on time, communicating any roadblocks quickly and effectively.
- Manage multiple projects at once whilst delivering high-quality work, in full and on time.
We’re looking for someone who has three essential skills:
- Advanced level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. GWD experience is nice to have.
- Strong attention to detail. Someone who values quality and can adapt to different styles of design whilst maintaining a great eye for detail.
- Fantastic communication skills. Someone who is comfortable discussing their design rationale with the team and flagging when roadblocks or issues arise.
- Be a proactive problem solver. Anyone can find problems, not everyone can solve them.
- Be eager to learn. We love people who have a passion for learning and are proactively expanding their skillset.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced creative, advertising or media environment.
Where can I work?
This is a full-time position with the flexibility to work from home or (when covid permits) from our office in the Sydney CBD. If you’re not based in Sydney, you will be required to work in AEST hours.
Please send your CV and a portfolio of your best work to Katia Samia at email@example.com