At BIG we take privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting your rights.
This document explains when and how we collect personal information about people who visit our website and/or use our services through website and on-line servers and are exposed to advertising we provide. It also explains how we use such personal information, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we intend to keep it secure.
At all times we adhere to the relevant privacy rules in each territory and in within the European Union we follow the rules of the General Data Protection Regulation introduced in May 2018 addressing the transfer of personal data outside the EU. When we collect personal data via the Website such as email address and other contact details, we will obtain your consent. When prospecting for new Customers and Partners, we will collect personal data through legitimate sources and delete such information if no longer required.
Who we are
We are BIG – providers of a creative marketplace platform which also allows for the production of Deal IDs for quality publishers and audiences. We are an Australian entity and our full name is Big Mobile Group Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number: 15119902966)
How do we collect information from you?
We process very limited information about you
Such Personal Information is collected in the following ways:
- On our website and servers, when you visit and browse through it and/or use any of the services we provide
- On behalf of our clients: We collect Personal Information when you use any of our providers products or services which use Ads within them. What this means is that when you for instance use an App or visit a web page from a mobile device that shows Ads, chances are that such advertisement impressions have been “purchased” by companies using our software as a service platform in order to serve you such Ads. Our advertisement serving software collects Personal Information to the extent and in the way explained in this policy
- For those who sign up to our platform “Buddy” we collect some personal information – name, email, company and mobile phone number
What type of information is collected from you?
The Personal Information we collect through our website/servers and/or on behalf of our clients include cookies and on-line identifiers from the mobile device used to run the App or browse the web pages in which the Ad impression was served and might include as well the IP address being used at the time the Ad was served and other ancillary information such as: the size of the ad space, the operating system and version running in your mobile device, the category of the app or website where it was served, or the approximate location of the device.
‘Cookies’ are small text files containing pieces of information (often including a unique identifier), sent to your computer and stored on your hard drive to allow a website to recognise you each time you visit. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not generally identify you as an individual.
Mobile devices identifiers have been likened to cookies.
Please note that while these cookies and device identifiers are regarded as Personal Information and while we process and protect them as such, they do not specifically and automatically identify you as an individual. While it would be extremely difficult for us or for any third Party to know about your specific identity using this information, at any time you might choose to: erase or remove your browser cookies as well as reset the on-line identifier of your mobile devices rendering all and any personal data linked to such devices obsolete.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Website and server cookies are used internally to measure how the different sections from our website work, track your browsing through it and also in order to find out where is the traffic coming from at any moment in time.
These cookies are used to identify you within the platform and in order to provide you with our relevant services. The information collected may include IP address, cookie information, browser version, operating system type and version, mobile network information, device settings and software data.
We use this information to:
- To target their advertisement campaigns, for example within the correct territory through IP targeting.
- To generate user segments (what we call “audiences”) based your previous interactions with any advertising campaigns;
- To understand whether you are part of a certain user segments;
- To know whether or not you have engaged with an advert.
All this information maybe used to create a profile to target you with the relevant advertising.
We will hold this information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity (we have set a general maximum limit of six (6) months).
DURING THE AD BUYING PROCESS WE DO NOT COLLECT INFORMATION SUCH AS NAME, AGE, PHYSICAL ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS OR OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We do share information with certain partners during the moment we purchase or attempt to purchase the advertising slot. For example, we work with some data providers and by looking at the ad slot and device information which is provided at that moment we cross check with the data provider to see if there is a match and then serve the relevant advertising.
When always ensure that any third part data providers conform to same strict privacy rules that we do to keep your information secure and not to use it for any other purposes.
You may refuse or accept cookies from websites at any time by choosing the appropriate settings on your browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Please we aware that should you choose to decline all cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other features of our website that depend on cookies.
Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable Cookies can be found at:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US & https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Microsoft Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
For more information about other commonly used browsers, please refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
To opt-out of participating in Google Analytics data follow the instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Creative Marketplace Platform – Buddy
We collect information about our customers to ensure that we can accurately provide the correct services for them. If you agree to use Buddy then you are signing up to the Buddy T&Cs (put link to Buddy T&Cs here). By providing the agency name and seat identity for your chosen demand Side Platform we can push through the correct Deal ID for your campaign. If you decide to stop using our platform then we will purge your account and all data within six months.
Opting-out of interest based advertising
You can opt out by changing the settings on your Android or iOS phone or tablet.
Your iOS or Android mobile device provides a “Limit Ad Tracking” or “Opt out of interest-based advertising” setting. When you have opted out using this setting on a device, we will not allow our clients to use personal information collected from that device for any targeting purposes, nor to create any user segments.
You can find the setting for your mobile device by following the directions below:
- iOS Device iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting iOS 6 Go to your Settings >Select General > Select About > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ads Tracking” setting More information about the iOS setting can be found here. Android Device.
- Android devices with OS 2.2 and up and Google Play Services version 4.0 and up: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising” If you’ve turned on Limit Ad Tracking on your iOS device or the Opt out of interest-based ads on your Android device, you can restore interest-based ads by turning the settings off.
When you opt out this does not block ads but simply means that the ads you now see are less relevant because there is no information to understand the end user.
You can opt-out of interest based advertising coming ONLY from our clients by providing us your advertising identifier (IDFA if you have an iPhone or GAID if you have an Android phonePlease email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt out with your advertising identifier or mobile device universally unique identifier (UUID).
Security to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
We take this matter seriously and we’re continuously evolving our platform to make sure data integrity and data security are always a priority. Our platform and servers use encryption techniques for storage and transmission of data.
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Information stored outside of Europe
We are an Australian company but operate within the privacy rules of the European Union and the GDPR rules – some of our servers are located in a country outside of the European Union where there are different data protection laws. By providing us with any Personal Information, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this document.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Privacy Policies of our supply partners for your reference
- Airtory (https://www.airtory.com/privacy-policy)
- Google (https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites)
- Inmobi (https://www.inmobi.com/privacy-policy/)
- Near (https://near.co/privacy/)
- Nexd (https://www.nexd.com/privacy-policy/)
- Rubicon / Magnite (link to: https://rubiconproject.com/rubicon-project-advertising-technology-privacy-policy/)
- The Trade Desk (https://www.thetradedesk.com/general/privacy)
- Xandr (https://www.xandr.com/privacy/platform-privacy-policy/)
IMPORTANT: If you do not agree with this transfer of Personal Information outside of Europe email: email@example.com